17.08.2026.
11:59
Aftermath of massive fire near Omiš revealed
In the major fire that ravaged the Lokva Rogoznica and Omiš area during the night of August 13–14, 106 vehicles, 28 houses and 45 boats were completely destroyed, Split-Dalmatia County Prefect Blaženko Boban said.
Boban said that once the City of Omiš completes its assessment and determines the extent of the damage, a request will be submitted to the Civil Protection Headquarters to declare the area a natural disaster zone.
Prime Minister Andrej Plenković had previously announced that, once the total damage is assessed, the government would provide financial assistance to Omiš and the surrounding areas. The fire affected the areas of Lokva Rogoznica, Medići, Mimice, Stanići, Nemira and Omiš, and Plenković said a decision on the aid would be made once the full extent of the damage was known.
According to the findings of the investigation by the County State Attorney’s Office in Split so far, the fire broke out on August 13 at around 8 p.m. in a wooded area alongside a road in the Lokva Rogoznica area.
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj
MIROSLAV LELAS / AFP / Profimedia
Požari u Hrvatskoj
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj
AA/ABACA / Abaca Press / Profimedia
Požari u Hrvatskoj
LUKA KOLANOVIC / imago stock&people / Profimedia
Požari u Hrvatskoj
EPA/STRINGER
Požari u Hrvatskoj

Komentari 0
Pogledaj komentare Pošalji komentar